World Bank has recently awarded the winners in its Apps for Climate contest and the complete listing is here. The designers and brains behind the applications are simply incredible! My faves are:
1. ClimaScope, a mapping platform that helps planners and policy makers visualize future climate scenarios.
2. My Climate Plan, users can create their own hypothetical national plans for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
3. Save the Rain, calculates the potential rainwater collection of any rooftop or surface area in the world.
4. The Carbon Map, resizes country dimensions according to their CO2 emissions, population, GDP and other indicators.
5. WB Panorama, mapping application that explores past, present, and projected future climates.